Wednesday 19 December 2007

Day 8 @ work & Eid

Enjoying my training. Today, I did a bit of job shadowing. All my IT problems have been finally solved. But my work reference hasn't come back yet. The boys had Xmas lunches yesterday at school and today at the After School Club.
Eid Mubarak! To my Muslim brothers and sisters. I remember "ileya" in Nigeria over two decades ago. First thing in the morning, my grandpa would come around and take us all to the praying ground and usually, he manages to go back home with the boys as and females pray at the different sections. How us girls find our ways back home only God knows. And the silly driver won't tell Grandpa that some kids are missing. I don't blame my grandpa because he was 70 years old then but he still feels that it’s his duty to do it every year. He even buys us "and co"(uniforms) to wear on Eid day. But when I was in form 3, I opted out of the "and co" thing as it was killing my street-cred. The bit I enjoyed most was the meat.

Eid is well celebrated amongst the Asians here. Although the Nigerian community here do celebrate Eid but it's not comparable to the way it's being celebrated in Nigeria. No public holidays for Eid here ( but the Nigeria High Commission does).

Anyway, Barka De Salah!

1 comment:

Dami said...

lol @ and co; your grandpa leaving you stranded, probably thinks you need more time for some chit-chat with your friends