Wednesday 12 December 2007

3rd day @ work

Woke up a bit late this morning. It was so cold. When I opened the door, I had to spray deicer on my car windscreen and windows then I used an IKEA family card to scrape some of the ice. I drove off but I couldn't see anything using my rear view mirror so I had to pour some warm water. I finally left home at about 8.50 hrs and got to the training room by 09.09hrs.
On my way to work, I saw one of my clients (Mr B) a Congolese from my old work place. (i recognised him from behind. He has this box hair cut which reminds me of Larry Blackmon of Cameo in the 80s. He saw me and waved. I wondered if he got a job. He was doing a plumbing course then. My role at my old work place (a govt establishment) was to help People With Disability or health issues to get a job. I liaised with different organisations and employers it was fun though because once one of my clients got retained by their employer or they got a new job, I feel really good and the clients actually appreciate my effort as some of them have lost confidence completely. Some of them haven't worked for like 6-10 years.
Today, I had a chat with the facilitator and she gave me her card. That is a step in the right direction.

No comments: