Tuesday 18 December 2007

6th, 7th day @ work & my brother & friend

I couldn't write anything yesterday. I was thinking about my friend who died last year. How time flies. It's been a year already. I miss him so much. We went to secondary school and University together. In fact we majored in the same course at the university. We never used to talk at secondary school but when we got to university, we became very close. Like brother and sister and when we finally graduated, we continued being friends. He made me give my hubby a chance when he was "toasting" me and thank God I listened to his advice.
Whenever I was on my way to Lagos, I never called him in advance. I usually call him before I board m flight and as a loyal friend, he was always there to give me a ride home and vice versa. I knew all his girlfriends and when he finally settled down (got married); his mom got me to talk to him. His parents were my friends, my parents were his friends. So when I got a phone call from my mum the he ad been shot and killed, I couldn't believe it. I cried so much that I had to take a week off work.
I remember December 1998, he had been in London on holiday earlier and he was staying at my place. Then I used to call my house a mosque or police station that has no key. Everybody used to come to my house to hangout. So as arranged, when I for to Nigeria, I spent some time at his place and it was during the Ramadan. We decided to use that period to be closer to God. We were fasting (I'm from a Muslim home but I'm Catholic). When we went clubbing, we would just sit and watch then we drank nothing but soft drinks and water but we were usually home in time to continue fasting.
My dear brother and friend, May you continue to Rest in Peace.

Days 6 and 7 at work haven’t been bad at all still learning the ropes. The only problem is that it’s really cold at the training room. My references are still being sorted so no pay till next month!!!!!!! I think the HR officer has too much to do. The IT guy is getting some issues sorted out for me today so my name and log ins should be in the right order tomorrow.

No comments: