Monday 10 December 2007

1st day at work

I started a new job today after staying home for 10 months recovering from a major operation. Everything looked so weird. When I left this morning, my kids were on their way to school with hubby. I said good bye to my kids and the first question they asked me was "Where are you going mum"? "To work" I replied. And as I was waiting at a set of traffic lights, I thought hmm poor boys. They've never seen me up that early in the last 10 months.
Reason? I and my hubby share the chores. I get the school uniforms all ironed and ready for the week on Sundays. So he bathes them and drops them off at school on his way to work. Then I pick them up at the After School club. The club is so convenient. We decided that they should stop going to the club when I wasn't working. They actually achieved a lot. Their handwriting which was a problem has improved and we became really close as I was always at the school playground at closing time.
I realised that my time off work was a blessing. I was able to bond with my kids.

No comments: