Tuesday 15 January 2008

Pay day!!

I got paid today but not what I expected despite the fact that I handed in my P45 about four weeks ago to the operations manager. Two weeks ago, I asked him if he had forwarded my P45 to payroll and his answer was "yes" but I thought I saw my P45 under his computer keyboard. But to my surprise, that did not reflect in my pay as I had been over taxed and this was what I was trying to avoid.
When I saw this today, I went to confirm if he had sent it he still said "yes". This was after I had been on the phone to payroll only to be told that my P45 was nowhere to be found. I looked on his desk, I still saw the paper there but because it was folded, I couldn't see the name on it and that meant I couldn't prove it. I had a feeling that the guy was lying to me.
After lunch, I decided to take advantage of his being at a meeting to take my P45 from his desk but when I got to his desk, what looked like my P45 was gone!
I'll be calling the payroll section from tomorrow till the end of this week. I'm sure he just sent it.
I can't stand liars. The guy no sabi me at all. He is playing with fire.
The annoying thing is that for me to get a refund I'll have to contact the tax office myself and it could take forever.

No comments: