Monday 14 January 2008

What is this world turning into???

I was just about to log off and shutdown my system last night when I got a buzz on my Yahoo messenger. It was my brother's wife. The estate (somewhere in Ajah) they live on got raided by armed robbers around 17.00 hours. Initially, I thought she was joking but she wasn't. The robbers pointed a gun at my 7 year old nephew and then they hit the mum's eye with the butt of a gun. They took her jewelleries, phones and money.
They locked the security guards inside the security post while they raided people's houses and killed a former AIG in the process. The most annoying thing was that the mobile policemen that usually guard the estate conveniently resumed duty late and this was very unusual. They (the mobile policemen) have all been arrested sha.

My brother and his family moved to Naija about 3 years ago this came as a rude shock to them and us too.

3 comments:

KemiMamaLopes said...

Robbers at 5pm. Only God. E pele.

Toksboy said...

Iyaeto - with two small children this is my greatest fear.Thank god they were not "provoked"enough or high enough to have been shooting indisciminately. If they can kill a former AIG who I assume would have some Ploice protection as well as firearms then what hope for the rest of us.

We are currently surrounded on our street by some "big men" who all have armed ploice sitting at their gate.I was telling a friend that this is what helps me sleep at night.He then looked at me pityingly and said God forbid the armed robbers come oh. You will be surprised how they all happen to be off duty or otherwise engaged.

Iyaeto said...

@ Toksy:May God continue to protect you guys.No matter what happens, I'll move to Naija