Wednesday 2 January 2008

Day 12 @ work

I woke up at 9.04hrs and I was supposed to be at work by 9.00 hours.Well I called a
colleague's mobile as I forgot the induction handbook at work. I finally got to work at 9.40hours.
I was given a Friday ultimatum to sort out my references. I sprang into action. made a few phone calls, sent a few emails and by lunchtime, things turned around. My reference had been faxed. Because I had worked with the same government establishment for 7 years, I used my 2 managers (who were my bosses at different times) as my referees, the HR section refused to send the two references. They sent one covering the 7 years!
I got an email asking for another referee but the project I worked at over 7 years ago, had been merged with something else and my boss had left for God knows where.
Trust me.I put on my thinking cap, and I found a solution as my new HR assistant offered to send the reference by email. BINGO! I quickly sent her my "new referee's official email address. So by this time tomorrow, I'll be singing a different song.

Thank God for mobile phones, emails and new technology.

2 comments:

KemiMamaLopes said...

Glad the references were sorted out. Remember my share of the first salary ;)

Iyaeto said...

@ Kemimamalopes
I'll buy u goody goody and dankwa (lol!!!)Thanks.