Thursday 15 January 2009

Naija Experience!!!!!!












Me in the life jacket on the "speed canoe"










Langbasa-the residents pelt the canoe passengers with stones sometimes because the canoe engine vibrates thorough the water which alos makes the houses vibrate. So the canoe rower/minder leaves the Langbasa jetty quietly.



As I stated in my last post, I went to 9ja on New Year's Day on Virgin Atlantic. When we got to 9ja, we couldn't land due to bad weather conditions so the plane was diverted to Abuja I dozed off while reading John Grisham's book -The Appeal when I woke up, we had landed so I looked out the window and saw this nice oil tanker and noticed that the tarmac looked very nice and neat. Just as I was still lost in my thought, my neighbor. (my seat partner) said "we're in Abuja". I was like hmm no wonder the place looked neat . He then told me that the reason why the flight was diverted. Better safe than sorry you'll say.
We finally landed in Lagos around 11.30 and by the time I got my luggage, the ground staff either in London or Lagos had ripped my bag and helped themselves to 6kilos of my personal effects!! no cause for alarm I'm making a claim.
I enjoyed the rest of my stay in 9ja. I took a boat/canoe ride from one side of Bayeku in Ikorodu to Langbasa, Lekki/Ajah.What an experience that was. I hope and pray that Gov. Fashola would rebuild a modern jetty as its a very quick means of linking the Island from Ikorodu. It only took 12 minutes a journey that would have taken me 1 hour and a half driving. I drove
The next time I go to 9ja, I'll be exploring more the rural areas.



3 comments:

bumight said...

Happy birthday in arrears.

first time here...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

sorry you didn't feel good on your bday! Happy belated and I am leaving this comment here because you still haven't allowed comments on your recent post. =)

Iyaeto said...

@ Bumight : Thanks o.You're welcome to my blog.
@ Solomonsydelle:Thanks babes. I've now allowed comments