Tuesday 13 January 2009

Being Thankful!!!

I wish you all a happy New Year. I've been busy doing this and that last year. Well I'm back now after spending the first week of New Year in Naija. Thankfully I got back in one piece.
On 8th January 2008 at about 6.30am on my way to the Murtala Mohammed Airport, as my cousin turned into Kuidirat Abiola Way from Oregun, I noticed that something wasn't right so thinking out loud I said “why are those cars turning round”. Suddenly, the car in front of us was reversing at a high speed so I told my cousin to be careful before I could finish the sentence, I heard a loud bang. The car had reversed into our car. I got out of the car to assess the damage then an okada rider came from the opposite direction (Opebi) with some other motorists then my cousin asked what was happening the answer was that the were armed robbers operating on that road (Kudirat Abiola Way). My cousin quickly put the gear into reverse then I found a big space where he could turn round I quickly told him to seize the opportunity to turn the car round rather than reverse. Leaving the scene, I could see the armed robber’s car parked in the middle of the road with the hazard lights flashing.
My cousin now asked where he should go. I directed him to go through Ojota rather than Obafemi Awolowo way as we did know what was happening at Allen junction. We were able to properly assess the damage when we got to the airport. The driver’s side of the front bumper had been bashed in but THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Toksboy said...

Na wa oh. We are at least thankful that you are ok. Bumpers can be replaced.

The Activist said...

Thank God you were able to escape from the scene. God's mercy is forever

BTW, your font is too small for my kinda eye o. Hope you can make it bigger

Lol at MOT. I thought it was the same car MOT but now female MOT (lol)