Friday 25 July 2008

Summer hoildays

Most schools broke up for the 6 week summer holidays this week or last week. The kids have started running around due to boredom. Some parents have enrolled their kids in summer camps, holiday scheme and all sorts just to keep them occupied but it costs a fortune. On Tuesday, I went to the gym and I saw a large crowd of children at the main entrance. When I moved closer, I realized that the kids were waiting on the queue to be allowed to go for the general swimming session. As I walked past them I thought this is just the beginning of the 6 weeks holiday thank God the boys have gone to naija with my mum for the holidays so I'm free for now. I'll be joining them later though but I deserve the break since chief has already being to Malaysia and Singapore for 4 weeks and I have only been to the U.S for a few days. Now I've caught the flu bug.
But come to think of it, I miss M & M. The house is too neat and quiet.
We call them almost everyday though or they call as they've discovered that my mum-in-law has saved their dads number on her phone so they dial direct without the woman's knowledge. They’re with my mum in law for a week then back to my mum's.
A lot went into planning the trip like ensuring that all the PS2 games and console are packed, Nintendo DS, treats, TCP, mosquito repellent, medication, books, swimming trunks and lastly, an up to date DSTV subscription phew!
We're already planning for next year as its good for them to learn more about our culture. So far, they love it.

No comments: