Wednesday 29 August 2007

Notting Hill Carnival 2007

Well this year's Notting Hill Carnival has come and gone. The popular Naija Section (Cambridge Gardens) was closed by The Metropolitan Police. A lot of people got to know via text ( thanks to DJ Abass- thank God for text messaging) I felt sorry for people who came from far and wide (especially Nigerians) they must have been looking forward to hanging out at the Naija section. Even BEN TV/NTA International initiative didn't work at least I saw it on TV ( I'm waiting for the next Bisi Olatilo Show- they had a rep ("crew member") to do a bit of video recording. Although I wasn't there(I was busy sipping glasses of red wine and lamb chops at home). I also felt sorry for Obalende suya (I'm not sure if the agreement the management had with MTN for the last year Carnival worked) 'cos I didn't hear any noise about the MTN float this year. Sadly 2 people were shot ( abi were they stray bullets)at the Carnival. one died and One survived. We need to continue to pray about the gun culture in th UK and all over the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why was the Naija spot closed for the Nottinghill Carnival?

Ms. Catwalq said...

so when r u updating?
or u left your blog access id at the carnival?

Iyaeto said...

@ Anonymous. Haven't got a clue.
@ Catwalq I beg no vex just been busy with my twin boys. I'll update very soon.

Unknown said...

Oh! So thats what happenend? I didnt go myself but my friend went and couldnt find anyone at Cambridge Gardens.

I'm going thru ur archives like mad. Came over from Chioma's page and was surprised to see my link in ur bloglist.