Wednesday 23 May 2007

Age

Age?What about it?
Everybody around me this year seem to be turning 40! I remember when my dad turned 40 he looked so young ( although I was in pain - I had been climbing a fruit tree and as I jumped down from the tree, I landed on God knows what!!. Well the rest is history now.
I went out with the girls last Saturday and we drank to"middle age"! My heart skipped a beat -"middle age". So that means I'm getting old. But I'm not 40 yet ( I still have a few more years to go!)
So my question is : When you turn 40 how do you feel as a woman/man?
Can you list 5 things you ought to have done before turning 40?
Let's share ideas. Let's gist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iyaeto, I was quite surprised you don’t have a blogspot that spans the globe… I was expecting to see a blog that spans at least 5 years. Anyway, I’ll be more than happy to be the first person to comment on your very first blog.

I do not believe there are lists anywhere of things people should have done by the time they are 40, we all set ourselves personal targets because our focus will always be different. However there are a few things one would expect to have happened, and that includes:

1. If you are an academician, been within the confines of one high institution or another. Otherwise learnt the skills for the trade you intend to do.
2. Have a roof over your head – not courtesy of Mum/Dad or the social services.
3. As trivial as this might sound, some have failed here… Be able to drive, even if you don’t have a car.
4. You need to have found a soul-mate even if you are not yet married.
5. Started a family… You should be in the middle or last stages of family making, especially if you are a lady.

These are my off-the-cuff suggestions, I’m sure I can come up with better things once I‘ve had the opportunity to think about it.

Happy blogging…


Anthony (EasyPeezy)
www.naijapolis.net

Unknown said...

I havent actually given it a thought seriously.

a) Built our family home?
b) Finished having all our children?
c) My Career - hasnt really taken off properly yet so I pray it will be in full swing by then.
d) Have to give this some serious thought, write it down and get down to achieving the set goals I set down or life will pass me by...... LOL!!